Saturday, March 8, 2008

Kyle Update #1

Dear Reader,

I am currently writing this message on a word-processor because my internet connection has made up its mind to be difficult. No matter, I’ll just have to copy and paste it later. Moving on...

To those who I have not emailed recently

I was sick with a “bacterial infection” for a couple days last week, not able to read or write on a computer or paper without pain in my eyes, so please excuse my delay. That said, I was sick during a critical point for my weekly homework, so I have spend the last part of the week catching up. Thank you to those who sent emails, messages, or videos, because I enjoyed reading and watching them. I had a laugh with the “clean jokes”. Thanks again.

To everyone :)

The weekend at NIKO was great. The various activities, not to mention the hike that lasted for the better part of the day, helped people get to know others better, and to build teamwork under stress, when necessary. I am sworn to secrecy regarding the specifics, but I will say that if you ever go to NIKO, camping shouldn’t ever be a problem for you. Things there were tough, but I wouldn’t have had it any other way… well, except for the fact that our bus broke down on the way back to the YWAM base and we ran out of water while we were waiting for another… yeah, I guess it would have been good without that little detail. :)

One last detail: The Weekend Outreaches started this weekend, and will continue until the theoretical phase is complete (DTS has three months of Theory and two months of Practical Application). So then, my brothers, cousin, and I will be gone sometime during the weekend helping at a church in the area. I will be busy on Saturdays, with the exception of this week, so if you want to instant message (I am trying to plan time, but things pop-up all the time here—email is the most dependable way to contact me, it seems—), I will have to get the details to you later, because I do not know how late the work goes. Work might be in the morning or at night. I expect, however, that I will be busy at night because Saturday church-services here usually take place in the evening.

God bless you all, and thank you for your patience. I have found it to be a valuable virtue.


Loving to live, learn, and love (with, for, and in Christ and his children),

Kyle (or as they call me, here, “Caio”)

No comments: